Thursday 11 November 2010

Draw 1, Draw 2...

Ahem. I can make bad rowing puns.

I am racing with CUW twice in the next two weeks, and it would be awesome if some of you could come and watch so here are the draws for Fours Head of the River and BIRC.

  • Racing starts at 9.30, but as I am in CUWBC II and we are going off 461 (in division 7, the last of the day) I will not be racing for some considerable time after 9.30.
  • Good places to watch are Hammersmith Bridge and along the bank from there to the finish at Putney.
  • CUWBC are boating from Imperial Coll (I think...) on the Embankment at Putney, so could possibly see you there to thank you for coming to watch after we are finished racing.
  • BIRC is at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham and Entry for Spectators is free
  • Both the student women's categories (Lwt and Hwt) will be racing at 14.00.
  • There will be a cool screen so you can see how everyone is doing rather than just trying to guess.
On a side note, I went to Queen's Ergs for the first time in my 4 years at Cambridge on Tuesday and it is insane! I'm quite glad I never did it as a novice, it would have really put me off I think. Congratulations to the Clare Seniors for coming 3rd without entering the possible team of 4 triallist girls and 2 triallist men and only 2 men who actually row for Clare this term. Even if I did really want a T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment