Sunday 28 November 2010

Cold

As in I have one and it is...

So yesterday and today CUWBC has been seat racing in positively Arctic conditions. It was -8 Degrees this morning. Except I have not been seat racing as I have a horrid cold and therefore can't guarantee that I could be consistent over many pieces, so instead I have been messing around in small boats while other people seat race. Despite this seeming like a bad deal- I am much much more likely to fall into the Ouse from a single or pair than I am from a IV, this was actually a very very good thing- I got to row continuously and therefore avoid the extreme cold that came with seat racing switches. I still had to spend a very very long time at Ely over the last two days though, what with rigging and faff- which makes me exceptionally glad that I own enough to have two changes of this with me:
Leggings x2 (one thick one thin)
All in One (to hold it together in the centre)
Short sleeve tech top
Long sleeve tech top x2 (one running base layer, one rowing layer on the outside)
Merino wool base layer

And:
One rowing gilet
One pair of Seal Skinz
Two hats (one to row in and one for the break)
Fleecy balaklva/neck warmer
Pogies
Jeans for the break
Fleece
Down Filled Gilet
The thickest socks in the entire world
Waterproof gloves which I can rig in

At one point today I was wearing all of these things. ALL OF THEM.

Also I went to BCD last night. I was sober. I sat with Novices I didn't know who were trashed and obnoxious. I am not keen to repeat this.

Anyway my roast dinner is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment