Wednesday 13 October 2010

Disorganisation

So despite the weekend and taking Monday afternoon off, ostensibly to organise myself, I am still in a horrific state of disorganisation.
My room has a layer of clothes built up around the edges, threatening to overspill onto my thin pathway between here and the door, via my bed. Yet somehow there are still lots of clothes in the wardrobe and the washing basket, how do I own so many clothes?? My desk is in a similar state with papers mixed with magazines, components of my computer, books and there is a small space for me to eat my breakfast while reading my emails. Mercifully I am pretty on top of the laundry, food buying and washing up!

It's not just physical things that are in such a mess although that makes my stress at the disorganisation worse. I am getting about 25-30 useless emails a day- why am I on so many mailing lists?! I know that there aren't many girl novices, though we are up to 6! And somehow the hospital are not very clear about when I should and shouldn't be there for teaching etc so on no more than a few hours notice I ended up still there at 6pm yesterday being taught and so missing a training session. I understand that it is a hospital and things can't run like clockwork but I have other things to do damnit! And of course the teaching was on the clinical case studies which we need to do two of every week and they give us model answers and teaching sessions for, why do we need both?! So what I have done is 4 case studies in the last two weeks and I have managed to spend far too many hours on them when I have spent less than two hours on writing up some of the really interesting patient's I have seen and will start to forget if I'm not careful.

I'm just not quite sure when I'm going to get on top of all of this, particularly because it is the last thing I want to do in the hour I have between getting in from Hinch and going to training! David thinks I am going mad, as every time I see him I am talking a mile a minute about how I am getting nothing done.

Anyway, bed time now- first Cam outing for ages tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment